If you are having a life threatening problem please call 911.
Impound and Auctions
Law enforcement vehicle tows and impounds fall under the Texas Transportation Code (§545.305), and Code of Criminal procedures (Art. 2.12). Police have the authority to tow and impound vehicles under the following circumstances:
- Is unlawfully parked and blocking the entrance to a private driveway;
- Has been reported as stolen;
- Is unattended and the officer has reasonable grounds to believe that the vehicle has been abandoned for longer than 48 hours;
- Is disabled so that normal operation is impossible or impractical and the owner or person in charge of the vehicle is: (incapacitated and unable to provide for the vehicle's removal, or not in the immediate vicinity of the vehicle);
- Is disabled so that normal operation is impossible or impractical and the owner or person in charge of the vehicle does not designate a particular towing or storage company;
- Is operated by a person an officer arrests for an alleged offense and the officer is required by law to take the person into custody; or
- Is, in the opinion of the officer, a hazard, interferes with a normal function of a governmental agency, or because of a catastrophe, emergency, or unusual circumstance is imperiled. (No valid Insurance as verified through Texas Sure)
Tow Fee: $200 (1-time fee), Impound Fee: $20 + $1.65 tax (1-time fee), Certified Letter Fee $50 (1-time fee after 48hrs), Storage Fee $20 +1.65 tax (recurring fee for each day or partial day of storage).
(Payments are accepted 24hrs daily at the Sansom Park Police Dept.) *Authorized methods of payment are Credit/Debit Card, Cashier's Check, or Money Order. *Cash payments are accepted at the Sansom Park City Hall during normal business hours ONLY.
The Auto Impound Auction will be held the Last Friday of each month at noon (12pm) (as vehicles are available) at: The Sansom Park Municipal Complex at 5705 Azle Ave, Sansom Park, TX 76114
The next scheduled auction will be Friday July 27th 2018 (a list of vehicles and photographs will be posted on this page approximately 1 to 2-weeks prior to the auction)
Commendations or Complaints
If you would like to make a commendation or complaint against an employee of the Sansom Park Police Department complete our Commendations / Complaints Form (PDF).
Racial Profiling is Prohibited. To view the Sansom Park Police Department policies on Racial Profiling please read our brochure on Racial Profiling (PDF).