Archive | Police Department
If you are having a life threatening problem please call 911.
Complaint or Commendation
The Sansom Park Police Department Internal Affairs reviews citizen complaints against employees of the Police Department. The Office of Internal Affairs is open Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. You MAY make a complaint or inquiries against a department employee to a supervisor by letter, walk-in or by phone directly to the Office of Internal Affairs, or you MAY follow the guidelines below.
everyone likes recognition for a job well done. Police employees are no different. Each year our department receives many employee commendations from the public. However, for each one we receive, there are probably twice as many commendable acts that go unnoticed. When you receive service from our department that you feel is worthy of a commendation we would like to hear about it. Be sure to obtain the employee’s name, employee number, or badge number. To make a commendation you MAY follow the guidelines below.
Guidelines to file a complaint or commendation:
If you prefer, you MAY first contact the employee’s supervisor. To do this you:
1. Call the Police Department at (817) 626-1921 and speak with a Supervisor (Sergeant or Lieutenant).
2. Ask the Supervisor to give you the name and phone number for the employee’s supervisor or give the Supervisor the name of the police employee you wish to report.
3. The Supervisor will listen to your complaint, direct you in the complaint process, or take appropriate action.
Include all the information you can remember such as the employee’s name, date, time, location and circumstances of the incident. The employee and the employee’s supervisor will be notified of commendations and a copy of the commendation will be placed in the employee’s file. Texas Law requires complaints against police officers to be in writing. Complaint packets can be obtained at;
Sansom Park Police Department
5705 Azle Ave. , Sansom Park, Texas, 76114
If you prefer, you MAY direct your complaint or commendation to the Office of Internal Affairs by phone or in person. Please contact the Office of Internal Affairs by:
1. telephoning your complaint or commendation by calling the Police Department at (817) 626-1921;
2. making an appointment with the Office of Internal Affairs by calling (817) 626-1921; or
3. walking in at the Police Department located at 5705 Azle Ave., Sansom Park, Texas.
You must make a complaint within 30 days of the date the misconduct occurred, except in criminal cases. If the allegation involves criminal misconduct then the statute of limitations for that criminal act applies. If you can show good cause for a delay of more than 30 days, then the 30-day exception may not apply.
All complaints must be made by the person aggrieved (wronged). Any other person(s) you feel can add information regarding your complaint may give a witness statement.
Racial Profiling Prohibited
The Sansom Park Police Department has a policy, Code of Conduct 507.00, RACIAL PROFILING, concerning the prohibition of racial profiling as set out in state and federal laws concerning racial profiling and discriminatory practices in general. Discrimination in any form, including racial profiling, is strictly prohibited and the department will take immediate and appropriate action to investigate allegations of discrimination. This policy applies to all employees of the Sansom Park Police Department.
What is Racial Profiling?
Racial profiling is any law enforcement initiated action based on an individual’s race, ethnicity, or national origin rather than on the individual’s behavior or information identifying the individual as having engaged in criminal activity.
Examples of racial profiling include, but are not limited to the following:
- Initiating a traffic stop on a particular vehicle because of the race, ethnicity, or national origin of the driver of a vehicle
- Stopping or detaining the driver of a vehicle based on the determination that a person of that race, ethnicity, or national origin is unlikely to own or possess that specific make or model of vehicle
- Stopping or detaining an individual based on the determination that a person of that race, ethnicity, or national origin does not belong in a specific part of town or a specific place
Policy: The Sansom park police Department complies with the Racial Profiling Provisions of the Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, articles 2.131 through 2.138, that prohibits racial profiling by police officers.
Racial Profiling Complaint Process
Persons who believe officers have used racial profiling against them may file complaints according to the guidelines set forth above.
Randy Driver, Chief of Police, may be reached at 817-626-1921.
The monthly Sansom Park Police Department auto impond auction will be held the first Friday of the month at 12:00pm.