Deferred Disposition

Request for a Deferred Disposition 

You may wish to request deferred disposition (probation) for your citation to keep a moving traffic offense off your record. Requests for deferred disposition must be made in person or through the mail (Motion for Deferred Disposition). You may appear at the court clerks office to obtain a court appearance date or submit a court date request. Deferred cases are suspended for a period of time set by the judge. You will be required to pay a fine as a special expense fee in order to receive deferred disposition and receive no other violations during your deferral period.

Deferred Disposition Requirements 

In order to request deferred disposition, you will be required to do the following:

  • Appear within 20 days from the date of offense in person or writing 
  • Submit a written request for deferred disposition 
  • Enter a plea of guilty or no contest 
  • Waive your right to a trial by Judge or jury 
  • Pay the fine and court costs as a special expense fee 
  • You must not have received any citations with the City of Sansom Park in the past 6 months 
  • You will be on deferred for 30-180 days. As long as you do not receive another citation and pay your fees, the citation will be dismissed and not appear on your driving record.

Offenses not Qualified for Deferred Disposition 

  • Speeding 21 miles per hour or more over the limit in a regular zone
  • Speeding 11 miles per hour or more over the limit in a school zone
  • Speeding in a construction zone with workers present
  • Speeding 15 miles per hour or more in a construction zone with no workers present 

If you fail to comply with the conditions or requirements ordered by the judge, a conviction will appear on your driving record. You may contact the court office to obtain the amount due for deferred disposition.